COPYRIGHT ©, 2012-2019 GRACE MARIA OAKLEY, ALL RIGHTS RESERVED
What is "Copyright?"
Copyright is a form of protection provided by the laws of the United States (title 17, U. S. Code) to the authors of "original works of authorship," including literary, dramatic, musical, artistic, and certain other intellectual works. This protection is available to both published and unpublished works.
It is illegal for anyone to violate any of the rights provided by the copyright law to the owner of copyright.
Section 106 of the 1976 Copyright Act gives the owner (the creator) of copyright the exclusive right to do and to authorize others to do the following:
- To reproduce the work in copies
- To prepare derivative works based upon the work
- To distribute copies of the work to the public by sale or other transfer of ownership, or by rental, lease, or lending
- To display the work publicly
- Grace Maria Oakley legally owns and reserves all rights to her intellectual property, which is registered with the US Copyright Office.
- It is a violation of US (Federal) and International Copyright law to reproduce, or copy,
- Grace Maria Oakley does NOT offer licensing to reproduce her paintings, electronically or otherwise.
- US (Federal) and International copyright laws strictly prohibit reproduction or copy (of any kind) of Grace Maria Oakley’s images, without prior written authorization.
- If you own a print or an original work of art, you own just that. You do not also own the license, nor do you possess the right, to reproduce, or copy, Grace Maria Oakley’s intellectual property in any way.
Please note, violators have been, and they will be, prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.